Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

The Perfect Dump Cake for your Little Truck Lover... a Dump Truck Cake

I remembered another cake idea I wanted to share.  It is the perfect fun cake for your little truck lover or construction worker little man.  My son was and still is huge into trucks, cars, trains, and anything with wheels.  I considered buying a decorated cake at first, since I would have enough to do with the cooking and transporting the food to the park for the party, but I decided to try something new.  I love "dump cake", the kind you make in a trifle dish, and that was my inspiration.  I purchased a brand new metal dump truck, which became one of my son's birthday gifts - this is the big one and cost me about $20.  I sanitized the truck in the dishwasher on hot to make sure it was free from any dust or chemicals.


I baked a Pillsbury brand chocolate cake in a rectangular cake pan, and let it cool thoroughly and cut it into squares.  I prepared a large box of Jello brand Instant Chocolate Pudding.  I used a layer of aluminum foil inside the truck and a layer of plastic wrap on top of it, and taped it to the sides.  This helped with cleanup and kept it very sanitary.  I layered the chocolate cake cubes and the pudding throughout and made it look like a mountain of dirt in the back of the dump truck.  To transport and carry it without the truck separating, I put it on a large cookie sheet with some colored tissue paper for fun.  I scooped the Dump Truck Cake using a clean plastic sand shovel and served it in bowls with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  It was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!  It was a hit and it was completely gone before the party was over.

Yeah, I see some little fingers in the ice cream! he he he

No comments:

Post a Comment